Here at the Owlhaven, as parents of 10 children and grandparents of 6, we understand the special challenges of traveling with infants and toddlers. We’ve set up the house with three important goals in mind.
1. Keep your kids safe
2. Let you relax
3. Shorten your packing list
Here’s what we have to simplify vacationing with your baby or toddler:
- Two built in baby gates, one at at top of the interior stairs and the other at the top of the deck stairs
- One portable gate kept in laundry room which you can put anywhere you wish
- Switch covers and outlet covers to keep little hands away from danger
- Baby/toddler toys, games, and books
- Two high chairs
- Potty seat for little ones (in downstairs hall bath under vanity)
- One Pack N Play with bedding (under stairs in laundry room)
- Two toddler cots (under the two downstairs king beds)
- Plastic dishes and silverware (in kitchen)
- One umbrella stroller, perfect for walking in the neighborhood or taking along to the aquarium
- Room darkening shades in most bedrooms for easy napping.
- Two fans (tucked in closets in the two downstairs master bedrooms) for white noise when babies are sleeping.
- Two buckets of beach toys and outdoor towels to take with you to the beach.
Please note: we also have a fenced yard. However the hot tub is in this yard at the bottom of the deck stairs. We recommend supervising your children in the yard, and always, always latch the hot tub cover when not actively in use. Your childrens’ safety is our highest priority!
We still have a couple weeks open in September, and weather on the coast in September is some of the best all year! Click over to our rental site to see what’s available and begin planning your own Owlhaven Vacation. The 7th night is always free!